Monday, January 2, 2012

What's your city like?

What was your Xmas feast? After serving at the local homeless shelter, Ashley made us a very tasty Tofurky, potatoes, baked beans and a few other dishes. It was by far the best one she has made "that's saying something because the Tofurky gets better each time".  I got some really awesome gifts for Xmas a lot of cycling gear. I was also able to get Ashley a few things she wanted like some clothes and a new iPod along with video games. Our Xmas finished with getting coffee with Ashley' parents and then sky ping with my family. :) Since it's still Xmas break I have had plenty of free time as of lately. What do I do with it? I cycle mostly. I can not wait to move away from Norfolk, VA. and out to the west coast. There is no cycling community here, no one cares. It's like you either ride for fun or for transportation, no one wants to compete. On the other hand less than 2 hours up the road in Richmond, VA. the cycling community actually is in tact still. I cycle because I love it. I feel as if i'm in total control of the situations that I put myself in. If I make it then that's another close call/adrenaline rush I got for free. I upgraded my bars to bullhorns and a friend wrapped them in yellow cork tape. I enjoy the bars and feel as if they give me the edge that I need. This Saturday morning we picked up Ashley a new bike. It's a black SE Draft single speed. It's a great bike and fits her really good"and it's brand new". The photo will be below. Last week we rode really hard. I like getting out of my comfort zone and picking it up and throwing it. The temperature has been beautiful, the wind on the other hand has been quite brutal. Life is going really good for us, school starts back in 7 days and i'm actually ready for it to start. If you have any ideas for other cool things to take photos of please leave comments. I am very grateful for this year and everything that is going on in our lives, we wish the very best onto every one else. Until next update stay classy internet.














2 comments:

  1. Love the updates : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks we love doing it. If you have any suggestions please let us know.

    ReplyDelete